Winter break can be a stressful time for both kids and parents. We are out of our regular schedule, and for a lot of kids, the temptation is great to stay up all night playing video games or on social media. Try some of these activities with your kids.
1. Make ornaments or other decorations such as door hangers.
2. Cook together. The earlier you teach them to cook, the earlier they can start helping with dinner on days you are running behind!
3. Build something. Take some leftover christmas boxes and make something creative.
4. Make play snow using shampoo and baking soda. A good way to help your children understand ratios too!
5. Play a board game.
7. Make a board game
8. Play I spy.
9. Play "nothing rhymes with". In this game, kids have to come up with words and phrases that nothing rhymes with.
10. Smile at your kids and hug them alot.
Erin Rae is the Curriculum Coordinator at Lockport 91.