I have written occasionally on here about unplugging from technology, both for the parents and the students perspective. But let's face it, we are all using our devices these days. Believe it or not, many of the ways we use our devices can foster positive healthy relationships with our children. Here are some Apps I recommend to do a little parent-child relationship hacking.
1. iRewardChart: iRewardChart is an app that brings the traditional reward chart onto a mobile device, with customizable features, making it about you and your child. iRewardChart looks to help parents keep track of their child’s good behavior, and reward them appropriately.
2. Cozi Family Organizer: Cozi is the must-have organizer for families. It helps coordinate and communicate everyone’s schedules and activities, track grocery lists, manage to do lists, plan ahead for dinner, and keep the whole family on the same page.
3. Winnie: Winnie's mission is to make parents' lives easier through technology. Whether you want to ask other parents for advice, find new things to do with your kids, or just get to the nearest changing table in a hurry, we can help. Because Winnie Features cities all over the country, its even useful on vacation or visiting family.
4. ChoreMonster: With ChoreMonster, kids will look forward to doing their chores daily. This is because ChoreMonster is set up by parents, and you can even choose what kinds of rewards the kids will receive upon completing their chores.
5. Hub Family Organizer: Similar to Cozi, Hub keeps your home and family organized, using shared calendars, lists, tasks, notes and more. Hub Family Organizer is Everything you need to manage your busy lives.
Erin Rae is the Curriculum Coordinator at Lockport 91.
Copyright 2016. All Rights Reserved.